|September 14, 2017|
Open auditions for LifeHouse Theater’s “Scrooge!,” directed by Jeremy and Bethanne Prince, will be Thursday, September 14, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM at LifeHouse Theater, 1135 N. Church Street, Redlands.
Auditions will be held on a first come-first served basis. All are welcome and roles are open for men and women. Men are especially encouraged to audition. Those auditioning should be at least ten years of age. Auditioners should bring any theatrical resume they may have and a recent photo to leave with the audition panel. Those without a photo may have a picture taken at the auditions for a $2 fee.
Auditioners should also bring their own sheet music in the preferred key, and be prepared to sing a short selection of about 16 measures. A pianist will be provided but will not be able to transpose any sheet music. Auditions with CDs will not be accepted. Those without sheet music will be asked to sing “Happy Birthday” with the accompanist.
“Scrooge!” opens Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 7:30 PM and will continue on weekends through December 23, 2017. Performances are Fridays at 7:30 PM, Saturdays at 2:15 PM (except Opening Night) and 7:30 PM and Sundays at 2:15 PM. In addition to the weekend performances, there will be special Thursday performances on December 14 and 21, 2017 at 7:30 PM.
Dickens’ classic “A Christmas Carol” comes to life in this powerful family production enjoyed by thousands throughout Southern California. Music, comedy, and the powerful redemption of Ebenezer Scrooge combine with the sights and sounds of the season for an unforgettable presentation of the true Christmas Spirit.
LifeHouse Theater is a service organization devoted to serving the Inland Empire through the performing arts. For more information, call (909) 335-3037 or visit our website at lifehousetheater.com.
List of Roles Available:
- The Storyteller – Ever present teller of the story (can be male or female)
- Ebenezer Scrooge – Miserable old miser in need of redemption
- Bob Cratchit – Scrooge’s clerk
- Tiny Tim – Bob Cratchit’s son
- Rev. Joseph Liddy – Solicitor for the poor
- Mr. Edward Rouge – Liddy’s assistant
- Fred Hollywell – Scrooge’s nephew
- Jacob Marley – Scrooge’s late partner
- Ghost of Christmas Past – Bright female Spirit
- Fan – Scrooge’s sister
- Scrooge as a boy
- Scrooge’s Father – Gruff man indifferent to his son
- Fezziwig – Scrooge’s first employer; a jolly man
- Mrs. Fezziwig – Fezziwig’s equally cheerful wife
- Scrooge as a Young Man
- Dick Wilkins – Scrooge’s co-apprentice
- Belle – Scrooge’s lost love
- Ghost of Christmas Present – A joyful and happy spirit
- Mrs. Cratchit – Bob’s loving and supportive wife
- Cratchit Children
- Mrs. Hollywell – Fred’s wife
- Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come – Mysterious Spirit
- Townfolk – including Brokers, children, villagers, partygoers, vendors, renter and his wife