|August 21, 2017|
AUDITIONS: The Little Mermaid
MUSIC BY ALAN MENKEN LYRICS BY HOWARD ASHMAN AND GLENN SLATER
BOOK BY DOUG WRIGHT
Directed by Paul Jacques, Musical Direction by Jubel Obien
Choreography/Associate Direction by Zaylin Cano
WHEN: Monday, August 21st, 2017 6PM
WHERE: California Theater, 562 W 4th St, San Bernardino, CA 92401
There is pay.
Auditions will consist of two phases:
-Singing: 16-32 bars of a Broadway-style song that best shows off your vocal style and strengths. Piano accompanist will be available; No CDs please.
-Please sing an appropriate Broadway musical theater song or rock song. NO Sondheim.
-Movement: Be prepared to learn and perform a musical theatre dance routine.
CALL BACKS WILL INVOLVE READS FROM THE SCRIPT AND ASSIGNED SONGS
PLEASE NOTE: THE ROLES OF ARIEL AND PRINCE ERIC HAVE BEEN CAST
THE FOLLOWING ROLES ARE OPEN:
- Grimsby-Prince Eric’s British guardian. Droll, stuffy, and constantly urging Eric towards his royal duties, specifically marriage. Gender: Male, Age: 40 to 60. Vocal range top: C4-bottom: C3
- Flounder-A fish and smitten with Ariel, his best friend. Rambunctious but cautious, fearful of the dangers that lurk in and above the water. Gender: Male, age: 15 to 20. Vocal range top: G4-bottom: A2
- Scuttle-A disheveled seagull and expert in human artifacts. Loudmouthed, optimistic, and a bit ignorant, despite his supposed expertise. Gender: Male, age: 25 to 40. Vocal range top: G4-bottom: C3
- King Triton-King of the Sea and Ariel’s father. Beneath his imposing presence and commanding nature lurks a harried single father who will do anything to protect his daughters. The death of his wife has also given him an irrational fear of humans. Gender: Male, age: 35 to 45. Vocal range top: F4-bottom: Ab2
- Sebastian-A crab and advisor to King Triton. A musical virtuoso who is constantly distraught from keeping after Ariel. Despite his paranoia, he can’t bring himself to stand in Ariel’s way. Gender: Male, age: 30 to 45. Vocal range top: C5-bottom: Bb2
- Flotsam-An eel and one of Ursula’s lackeys. Oily and spineless, he will say anything you want or need to hear.
Gender: Male, age: 20 to 40. Vocal range top: C5-bottom: E3
- Jetsam-An eel and one of Ursula’s lackeys. Oily and spineless, he will say anything you want or need to hear.
Gender: Male, age: 20 to 40. Vocal range top: A4-bottom: B2
- Ursula-The banished Sea Witch and sister of King Triton. Supposedly spurned at childhood, she will use whatever method necessary to steal the kingdom and claim it as her own. Malevolent, calculating, and deceptive. Gender: Female, age: 35 to 45. Vocal range top: C5-bottom: Eb3
- Chef Louis-The French palace chef, diabolical and violent. A culinary perfectionist with an affinity for blades, seafood in particular. Gender: Male, age: 30 to 50. Vocal range top: A4-bottom: Bb2
- Ensemble-Crew Members (Pilot, Sailors); Sea Creatures; Mersisters (Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Atina, Adella, Allana); Gulls; Maids; Chefs; Animals; Princesses
Mermaid Performances Date: October 20-22, 2017
THERE IS ONE SCHOOL SHOW ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2017
Rehearsal Times: Monday through Friday, 6-10PM, Saturday 10-4, three weeks plus tech week
NOTE: Tech week rehearsals may involve 10/12 days.
Mermaid Rehearsal Dates: September 25, 2017-October 19, 2017
For information contact the Director Paul Jacques: email@example.com