|August 21, 2017|
|6:00 pm||to||9:00 pm|
San Bernardino Valley College will hold auditions for James W. Rodgers’ It’s a Wonderful Life on Monday, August 21 from 6-9 pm in the College Auditorium. The college is located at 701 S. Mount Vernon Ave., in San Bernardino, CA.
Directed by Melinda Fogle, the auditions will consist of cold readings from the script and short improvisations. Headshots and resumes are helpful but not required. Those interested in working behind the scenes are welcome to attend the auditions.
Performances will be held November 30, December 1, and December 2 at 7 pm and December 3 at 2 pm.
Rodgers’ It’s a Wonderful Life is a faithful adaptation of the classic holiday film by Frank Capra. An angel is sent to help George Bailey, a man who has given up on his dreams to help others. Guardian Angel, Clarence, shows George all the lives he has touched and how different life in his community of Bedford Falls would be had he never been born. The heartwarming story celebrates the American philosophy of life; hard work, fair play, and the love and support of one’s family and community will be rewarded.
(12 men, 10 women, 4 young boys, and 2 young girls)
- George Bailey – the Everyman of Bedford Falls
- Clarence Odbody – A-S-2 (Angel Second Class)
- Mr. Gower – proprietor of the corner drug store
- Young George – age 12
- Harry Bailey – George’s younger brother
- Mother Bailey – a very kind and understanding woman
- Aunt Tilly – Uncle Billy’s wife
- Violet Peterson – proprietor of a beauty salon
- Bert – a patrolman
- Ernie – a mail carrier
- Uncle Billy – George’s Uncle and business partner
- Mary Hatch (later Mary Bailey) – George’s loving wife
- Henry F. Potter – owns practically the entire town
- Mr. Potter’s Goon – ever present with Mr. Potter
- Mr. Potter’s Secretary – ever faithful to Mr. Potter
- Mrs. Hatch – Mary’s Mother
- Sam Wainwright – a financially successful young man
- Miss Andrews – a townsperson
- Mrs. Thompson – a townsperson
- Mr. Martini – proprietor of a bar
- Mrs. Martini – his wife
- Miss Carter – a bank examiner
- Newspaper Boy – age 10
- Pete Bailey – age 12
- Tommy Bailey – age 10
- ZuZu Bailey – age 7
- Mr. Welch – the schoolteacher’s husband
- Janie Bailey – age 9
For more information, feel free to contact Director Melinda Fogle at firstname.lastname@example.org.