|August 7, 2017|
|August 8, 2017|
The Candlelight Pavilion will hold auditions for 9 to 5 on Monday, August 7th & Tuesday, August 8th Open Call (no appointment necessary). Auditions will be held at 7:00 pm (both days). Call backs will be held on Monday, August 14th Adults – Please bring picture and resume and prepare 16 bars of a contemporary musical theater song. Be prepared to dance if asked. The Role of Violet Has Been Cast All Other Roles Are Open.
Performance Dates: October 20th – November 25th Performances: Friday – Sunday and Thursday performance on November 16th
Producer – Ben Bollinger
Productions Director/Choreographer – John Vaughan
Music Director – Rod Bagheri
- Doralee: A young, sexy spitfire who works at Mr. Hart’s office. She is proof that there is more to a woman than just her looks.Gender: female Age: 20 to 30 Vocal range top: E5 Vocal range bottom: G3
- Judy: The “new” girl at the firm, she has been burned by her husband’s affair and is searching for personal empowerment. Insecure, determined, and hopeful.Gender: female Age: 30 to 35 Vocal range top: F5 Vocal range bottom: Ab3
- Franklin Hart: One of the firm’s executives and a notorious chauvinist. He is capable of faking charm but usually shows his true colors as an arrogant, self-absorbed boss.Gender: male Age: 45 to 50 Vocal range top: Gb4 Vocal range bottom: C3
- Roz Keith: The attentive office gossip queen and snitch. She has an unrequited love for Mr. Hart and will do anything she can to win his approval.Gender: female Age: 35 to 45 Vocal range top: C5 Vocal range bottom: G3
- Joe: A handsome, young office accountant. Genuine and nice, and smitten with Violet.Gender: male Age: 25 to 35 Vocal range top: G4 Vocal range bottom: B2
- Dwayne: Doralee’s attractive husband. He is very supportive of her professional pursuits.Gender: male Age: 25 to 30 Vocal range top: G4 Vocal range bottom: E2
- Josh: Violet’s awkward teenage son.Gender: male Age: 15 to 18
- Missy: Franklin Hart’s wife, clueless to her husband’s true nature.Gender: female Age: 20 to 35
- Maria: A young and vibrant secretary in Hart’s office.Gender: female Age: 20 to 30 Vocal range top: D5 Vocal range bottom: F4
- Dick: Judy’s soon-to-be ex-husband. An average guy, he is sporting a little less hair and a little more paunch than he did ten years ago.Gender: male Age: 35 to 45
- Kathy: A secretary in Hart’s office with a tendency to gossip.Gender: female Age: 30 to 40 Vocal range top: D5 Vocal range bottom: G4
- Margaret: A secretary in Hart’s office with a tendency to drink.Gender: female Age: 30 to 40
- Tinsworthy: Franklin Hart’s boss and Chairman of the Board. A good man, who may be wiser to Hart’s ways than he lets on.Gender: male Age: 50 to 65
- Ensemble: Office employees, police officers, hospital employees.
Please contact Jackie Guerrero at (909)626-1254 ext. 109 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Show Dates: 10/20/17 -11/25/17
9 to 5 The Musical, with music and lyrics by Dolly Parton and book by Patricia Resnick, is based on the seminal 1980 hit movie. Set in the late 1970s. this hilarious story of friendship and revenge in the Rolodex era is outrageous, thought-provoking and even a little romantic.Pushed to the boiling point, three female coworkers concoct a plan to get even with the sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot they call their boss. In a hilarious turn of events, Violet, Judy and Doralee live out their wildest fantasy – giving their boss the boot! While Hart remains “otherwise engaged,” the women give their workplace a dream makeover, taking control of the company that had always kept them down. Hey, a girl can scheme, can’t she?
Candlelight Pavilion Dinner Theater, 455 West Foothill Blvd, Claremont, CA 91711