|August 14, 2017|
|6:00 pm||to||8:00 pm|
|August 15, 2017|
|6:00 pm||to||8:00 pm|
Brought to you by the award-winning creative team of Kevin Murphy (Reefer Madness, Desperate Housewives), Laurence O’Keefe (Bat Boy, Legally Blonde) and Director Andy Fickman (Reefer Madness, She’s the Man), Heathers The Musical (High School Edition) is a hilarious, heartfelt and homicidal new show based on the greatest teen comedy of all time.
ALL ROLES ARE OPEN! There is no pay.
AUDITIONS AT THE GROVE THEATRE 276 E. NINTH Street, Upland, CA 91786
Open Call – Ages: 14 – adult
Come prepared (with music) to sing at least 32 bars in the style of the show Songs from the show are encouraged Accompanist provided
Monday, August 14th, 2017 – 6pm – 8pm
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017 – 6pm – 8pm
SHOW DATES: WEEKENDS October 7th – 22nd
SEEKING THE FOLLOWING ROLES:
- VERONICA SAWYER – 17. She burns to be both cool and kind, but doesn’t know yet how to be both at the same time. Fierce sense of right and wrong, keen sense of ironic humor. Thinks she’s an old soul, but she’s still innocent enough to be blindsided by love/hormones (or shocked by cruelty). Voice: High belting required, up to Ab. Must have dynamic and stylistic range.
- JD – 17. He is darkly charismatic, compelling, attractive, charming on the outside yet very damaged on the inside. Keen smarts and strong inventive comedy. Voice: Strong, confident belt to at least an Ab, A preferable; wide emotional range.
- HEATHER CHANDLER – 17. Richest, hottest, most magnetic, cruelest girl in town. Relishes power and wields it like a scalpel – no fear, no patience, no mercy. Voice: Strong belt to F or higher preferred. Mezzo for chorus. NOTE: In certain choral songs Chandler can switch parts with her other Heathers as needed.
- HEATHER MCNAMARA – 17. Beautiful, innocent, stupid, can be mean on command if Heather Chandler orders it, but actually quite vulnerable and fearful. Voice: Strong belt to Db, D preferred. Soprano for chorus. NOTE: in certain choral songs Heather Mac and Duke can switch vocal parts as needed.
- HEATHER DUKE – 17. Whipping-girl of the 3 Heathers. When she finally becomes Queen Bee she wields power like a bulldozer. Alto for chorus. Voice: Strong belt to C, D preferred. Alto for chorus. NOTE: in certain choral songs Heather Duke and Mac can switch vocal parts as needed.
- MARTHA DUNNSTOCK – 17. Nicknamed “Martha Dumptruck”, the opposite of hot, confident, or popular. Huge and beautiful soul, optimistic even in the face of rejection. Voice: Strong belt to E or F, wide vocal expression.
- RAM SWEENEY – 17, Linebacker. Big, insensitive to the feelings of others, ruled by appetites. Voice: Strong Baritone, belt to G, some Falsetto useful.
- KURT KELLY – 17. Quarterback and Captain. Big, chiseled, rude, entitled, cocky. Mean, thinks he’s the brains in the friendship with Ram. Voice: Tenor, strong belt to Ab or A, some Falsetto. NOTE: in certain songs Ram and Kurt can switch choral assignment if, say, Ram sings higher than Kurt.
- RAM’S DAD – Former football player turned suburban Dad, has never outgrown his glory days in high school. Hates weakness, but capable of soul-searching when tragedy strikes.
- BIG BUD DEAN – JD’s single Dad. Big jolly personality that barely conceals the enormous rage bubbling just below the surface. Quite possibly a serial bomber.
- COACH RIPPER – Stalwart, man’s man; quick to defend his players.
- MS. FLEMING – Aging hippie teacher, still yearning for the day the Age of Aquarius reaches Ohio. Hungry for the spotlight, resentful of entitled youth. Aging hippie teacher, still yearning for the day the Age of Aquarius reaches Ohio. Hungry for the spotlight, resentful of entitled youth.
- VERONICA’S MOM – Easygoing, distant, yet capable of laying down the law. Voice: Great belt up to C, higher always welcome.
- KURT’S DAD – Straight-laced, very conservative, also former football player. A simple guy, not book smart, you’d be happy to share a beer with him.
- VERONICA’S DAD – Easygoing and distant.
- PRINCIPAL GOWAN -Rumpled, burned out, hates conflict.
- BELEAGUERED GEEK (BOY 1) – A put-upon, bitter geek. Voice: Bari (up to F#) or Tenor (up to A).
- PREPPY STUD (BOY 2) – A blowdried 80’s preppy. Voice: Bass (up to E) or Bari (up to G#).
- HIPSTER DORK (BOY 3) – Thinks he’s Ducky from ‘Pretty In Pink.’ Voice: Bari (up to F#) or Tenor (up to A).
- NEW WAVE GIRL (GIRL 1) – A sullen New Wave girl. Voice: Belt to at least C# (a Soprano up to high A/B is also a plus).
- STONER CHICK (GIRL 2) – A fuzzyheaded stoner chick. Voice: Belt to at least C# (a Soprano up to high A/B is also a plus).
- YOUNG REPUBLICANETTE (GIRL 3) – A tennis-playing, uptight Student Council type. Voice: Belt to at least C# (Soprano up to high A/B is also a plus)