|July 24, 2017|
Worldwide Theatricals Play Series at Sturges Center announces auditions for THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK (new adaptation by Wendy Kesselman), directed by Christopher Diehl.
- Auditions will be held on one night only, Monday, July 24 at 7 pm at the California Theater in San Bernardino. Auditions will consist of cold reading from the script. All roles available. Resume and headshots are recommended but not required to audition.
THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK performs at 2 pm and 8 pm on August 26, 2017.
Two performances only.
- Otto Frank (Age 35 – 50): Anne’s polite and practical father, Mr. Frank is the head of the “attic family.” His calmness and patience are an asset in the cramped attic and a comfort to Anne, who …is very close to him.
- Edith Frank (Age 35 – 50): Anne’s reserved and nervous mother, Mrs. Frank loves Anne, but she wishes she were more proper and polite, like her sister Margot. Because of her reserved nature, Mrs. Frank and Anne are not close.
- Margot Frank (Age 16 – 25): Anne’s older sister, Margot is much more like her mother than Anne. She is quiet, modest, and reserved: the complete opposite of Anne.
- Anne Frank (Age 13 – 15): The youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank, Anne is a lively, curious girl of thirteen at the beginning of the play. She remains optimistic throughout the months they are in hiding and always makes the best of the situation she is in. As her diary reveals, she is very introspective and creative and has a vivid imagination.
- Putti Van Daan (Age 40 – 60): An irritable former business partner of Mr. Frank, Mr. Van Daan’s family is invited to stay in the attic with the Franks. He is selfish and openly critical of others, especially Anne.
- Petronella Van Daan (Age 40 – 60):: Mr. Van Daan’s vain and finicky wife, Mr. Van Daan prizes the material things of life, including a fur coat she brought to the attic with her. These traits all make her the center of much of the conflict in the attic.
- Peter Van Daan (Age 13 – 18): The son of Mr. and Mrs. Van Daan, Peter is a shy, quiet teenaged boy. He soon becomes a friend and confidant for Anne, and they share first kiss together.
- Jan Dussell (Age 40 – 60):: Difficult to get along with, Mr. Dussell joins the Franks and the Van Daans after they have been in hiding about two months.
- Miep (Age 16 – 25):: A very well-liked, generous secretary in Mr. Frank’s office, Miep helps to protect the families in hiding. Along with Mr. Kraler, she brings to the refugees food, supplies, and news from the outside world.
- Mr. Kraler (Age 35 – 60): A businessman who works with Miep to help protect the people in hiding, Mr. Kraler risks his life to help his friends.
Any questions about auditions not answered here please email director Christopher Diehl: firstname.lastname@example.org.